Monday, April 14, 2008

Establishing a Stronghold of Truth

I have been inspired by a recent study I have done with my Sunday School class called, "The Search for Significance: Seeing Your True Worth Through God's Eyes" by Robert S. McGee. I am not the only one inspired by this book, on the cover, Billy Graham wrote, "The Search for Significance should be read by every Christian."

The theme of the book is to teach us how to replace Satan's lie: Your Worth=Your Performance+Others' Opinions with God's Truth: Your Worth=What God Says about You.

Today I would like to share four of the most important things God say about you. Post them on note cards and put them in important places so you can look them over regularly. Allow these truths to renew your mind.

1. Reject the lie Satan wants you to believe that those who fail (including you) are unworthy of love and deserve to be blamed and condemned and replace it with the truth:

I am completely loved by God (1 John 4:9-10).

2. Reject the lie Satan wants you to believe that you must meet certain standards to feel good about yourself with the truth:

I am completely forgiven and am fully pleasing to God (Romans 5:1).

3. Reject the lie Satan wants you to believe that you must be approved (accepted) by certain others to feel good about yourself with the truth:

I am totally accepted by God (Colossians 1:21-22).

4. Reject the lie Satan wants you to believe that you are what you are, you cannot change, you are hopeless with the truth:

I am a new creation, complete in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

I pray as we establish a stronghold of truth together we will instantly recognize these false beliefs and replace them with the truth of God's Word. Then we can live victoriously the way God intends for us to live.

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us" (Romans 8:37).

No comments: