- If you obey God, you'll be miserable.
- The abundant life is trouble-free.
- Unbelievers don't want to hear the gospel.
- You couldn't help yourself . . . the temptation was too great.
- If you fail, you're a failure.
- You are what others think of you.
- God can't use you.
- You can't obey God.
- If you do certain things, God will be pleased with you, and you will earn his affection.*
Faith in Christ will release you from the lies Satan constantly spews out to bind us. The sad reality is that these untruths are often delivered through those most important to us. When the lies are cleared away, we leave room for Jesus to teach us how to live in freedom. For Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32).