Some of us (like me) may not be young any more, but if we belong to God he has given us a desire to remain pure. The second part of this verse answers the question: "By living according to your (God's) word.
Well, How exactly do you live according to your word, LORD? Through the Psalmist, God speaks a perfect and complete "how to" list in verses 10-16. God tells us to:
- Seek me with all of your heart.
- Ask me to help you not stray from my commands.
- Hide my word in your heart-memorize Scripture. It will help you not to sin against me.
- Start your day with praise and pray for me to teach you my decrees.
- Speak my Holy word back to me in prayer.
- Rejoice in obedience as one who rejoices in great riches.
- Meditate on my precepts.
- Consider the ways I work in the world.
- Delight in my decrees.
- Don't neglect my word, ever.
This simple list of how to remain pure sums up how a Listening Heart lives each day. I would love to share my resources with you, to help you meditate on God's Holy word, memorize Scripture, and more. Please leave a comment on how to contact you and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Always Listen, Susan