Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Bright New Day

He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom what God has done
from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
In the early morning hour, we are at our purest and strongest. Ready to face a new day, it would be a great time to ask God to keep us that way. In her hymn, God, Who Touches Earth with Beauty, Mary S. Edgar guides us in a prayer that keeps eternity in our hearts and minds and asks God to keep us pure and strong and true throughout each day:
God, who touches earth with beauty, Make me lovely, too;
With Your Spirit recreate me, Make my heart anew.
Like the springs and running waters, Make me crystal pure;
Like the rocks of towering grandeur, Make me strong and sure.
Like the shining waves in sunlight, Make me glad and free;
Like the straightness of the pine trees, Let me upright be.
Like the arching of the heavens, Lift my thoughts above;
Turn my dreams to noble action, Ministries of love.
God, who touches earth with beauty, Make me lovely, too;
Keep me ever, by your Spirit, Pure and strong and true.
(Words Copyright by Mary S. Edgar)
May we never forget what God has set in our hearts--eternity. Then we can remain heavenly minded while being of earthly good, praising and serving our worthy God, making a difference for eternity.
Keep your springs running freely and shine bright for Jesus!

No comments: