Wednesday, March 26, 2008

God is Love

I read a great quote this morning by Gloria Gaither:

Love is the seed of all hope.
It is the enticement to trust,
to risk, to try, to go on.
Since God is love, he represents the seed of all hope. As a battle weary soldier of Christ, this reminder was a glimmer of light in a dark cave. After losing my sweet mom and recovering from major surgery over the last six weeks and many other issues, I have had a hard time processing all the changes, not only in my daily life, but in my heart and my body.
As I move forward in life and ministry, God entices me to trust, to risk, to try, to go on. I can see my Master Coach on the sidelines now, with his hands around his mouth calling "You can do it. I'm with you all the way."
How sweet it is to know this love that passes all human understanding. He will help me deal with my own grief and the grief of my family members. He will never leave me alone. A comforting old hymn just came to mind:
Because He Lives
by Gloria Gaither and William J. Gaither
God sent His Son, they called Him Jesus; He came to love,
heal and forgive; He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives.
Chorus:
Because He lives I can face tomorrow;
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
How sweet to hold a newborn baby, And feel the pride,
and joy He gives; But greater still the calm assurance,
This child can face uncertain days because He lives.
And then one day I'll cross the river; I'll flight life's final
war with pain; And then as death gives way to victory,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives.
I can face tomorrow. His love drives out the fear. I know He holds the future. He alone makes life worth living. HE LIVES!! Amen. When I listen, I hear his precious words of comfort and assurance.
Note: How strange that the hymn God's Spirit led me to while writing this entry is written by the same person whose quote encouraged me. God's ways are mysterious. :)

No comments: