Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Little Miracles

I'm using a book in my prayer time called, "Loving Your Spouse Through Prayer" by Cheri Fuller. While praying and reading one morning, God did one of his little miracles in my life that I wanted to share with all of you. For me, God's little miracles tend to be just as exciting as the big ones.

I laid my concerns at God's feet for my husband (esp. his work) and our nation. We are in difficult times so the chapter on a future and a hope (based on Jeremiah 29:11) was just what the Master Physician ordered that morning as my spiritual RX. Anyhow, after I finished reading the chapter I opened my journal, that just so happens to have a verse or a quote at the top of every page, and guess what verse was there? Jeremiah 29:11!!! Can you believe it? I bet you can. God was saying loud and clear. "This book is exactly where I want you right now, praying for your husband, despite all of this garbage going on around you." And "Yes, I do have plans to prosper you and not to harm you, (no matter who I allow to become president of the USA or if your husband gets laid off again). I have plans to give you a hope and a future."

Yes, this promise is open to us all, but there is one thing about it that we should not forget. The Israelites were in exile when God gave them this promise. If we are to take hold of our promise, we need to understand that our future and hope is in God, not in homes, money, or even government.

My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation come from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2
May God bless your day with the miracle of hearing his magnificent voice. There is nothing like it in this world. Amen!

No comments: