Thursday, March 11, 2010

Another Sleepless Night?

Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep? I'm sure you have. We all experience this problem every now and then. I can't remember who gave me this very effective advise, but it works. When you can't get to sleep, start praising God A-Z. You choose a name or word to praise God for from from A all the way to Z. You have to get creative in some spots. Here are some of my favorites: I praise you God for being . . .
ALPHA and Omega,
BREAD OF LIFE,
CREATOR,
DELIVERER,
EMMANUEL, God with Us,
FAITHFUL FATHER,
GOOD SHEPHERD,
HEALER,
INCREDIBLE,
JESUS,
KING OF KINGS,
LORD OF LORDS,
MASTER PHYSICIAN,
NISSI, our Banner of Victory,
OMNISCIENT,
PROTECTOR,
QUINTESSENTIAL,
REDEEMER,
SAVIOR,
TRUSTWORTHY,
UNFAILING,
VICTORIOUS,
LIVING WATER,
EXTRA SPECIAL,
YOUTH RENEWER
ZION'S KING
The times I have made it to Z (and I have a few times), I am so encouraged. I know I can rest easy trusting God to do what he does best, without me worrying about it. I usually fall asleep in his arms soon after.

I hope this works for you, too.








1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

So worthy our our praise. His name is wonderful. I truly believe that our praise warms His heart.