Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Can See Clearly Now


"I can see clearly now," my niece, Shanna's, facebook status read. Shanna just had Lasik eye surgery and can see great without glasses or contacts for the first time since she was eight years old. 1 Corinthians 13:12 (NLT) says, "Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely."


One day soon we will have full body Lasik surgery, physically and spiritually. Oh, what a day that will be! As I prepare for Easter the excitement grows for Jesus' return. As we walk through this world of trial and sorrow, half blind or impaired in other ways, we can look forward to the day we shall see Him face to face. We will be perfect and complete in every way.


"Just a-wearying for you,

Jesus, Lord, beloved and true;

You'll be coming back again,

Under all I say and do,

Just a-wearying for you."


"Some glad day, all watching past,

You will come for me at last;

Then I'll see you, hear your voice,

Be with you, with you rejoice;

How the sweet hope thrills me through,

Sets me wearying for you."*


*Poem from devotional, Streams in the Desert (March 27), by Mrs. Chas. E. Cowman


Family picture of Shanna (before she threw away her glasses) with her firstborn child, Olivia, who was born 12/16/2009. Shanna can now see Olivia grow up with perfect clarity, without the aid of glasses. Praise the Lord for the blessings he gives while we wait for our full body overhaul!




No comments: