Saturday, March 27, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
I hope this works for you, too.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
- Jacob became a prince (Genesis 32:22-32).
- The greatest miracles of Elijah and Elisha took place (1 & 2 Kings).
- Joshua received successful battle strategies (Joshua 5-6).
- Gideon and Jephthah were commissioned to save Israel (Judges 6:11-12 & 11:29).
- Moses called to lead Israel out of captivity (Exodus 3:1-10).
- Cornelius learns he must call Peter to hear the good news of the Gospel (Acts 10).
- Peter learns he must share the Gospel with Cornelius and all gentiles (Acts 10).
- John the Baptist grew strong in spirit alone in the desert (Luke 1:80).
- John the Beloved closest to God on the island of Patmos (Revelation 1).
Jesus himself set this example. The Gospels record many times when he got alone to pray. Just like he did for the Patriarchs listed above, I trust he has mighty purposes in mind for us behind the command, "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen" (Matthew 5:6).
This remains the goal of my ministry, to stay inspired myself and to help others to stay inspired to get alone with God and listen. Revisiting these old stories did it for me! There is nothing in this world like spending time with Jesus! Won't you stop right now and spend some quality time with our precious Savior?If chosen men (and women) had never been alone,