Monday, November 26, 2007

Prayer for Confidence in One's Identity in Christ

This week I am asking God to give you confidence in your identity in Christ. Many Christians are in an identity crisis. Our human nature causes us to be driven by a desire for approval. I pray you will seek to derive security from Christ alone.

People-pleasing makes me think of Paul’s questions in Galatians 1:10: “Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

O Dear Jesus, our Rock and Salvation,

I lift up the precious readers of this blog to you in prayer. May their souls find rest in God alone; their salvation comes from you. You alone are their rock and salvation; you are their fortress, they will never be shaken. May each one find rest in God alone; their hope comes from you, dear Lord. Their salvation and honor depend on God, no one else. You, God, are their mighty rock and refuge. May they trust in you at all times, pour out their hearts to you for you are their refuge (From Psalm 62:1, 2, 5-8).

Remind them that they have been selected (Ephesians 1:4), saved (Ephesians 1:7-9), sealed (Ephesians 1:13), seated with Christ (Ephesians 2:6), are secure (Ephesians 2:19), and strong (Ephesians 3:16).

In the powerful name of Jesus Christ I pray all these things. Amen.

No comments: