Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Time Alone With Jesus

My church has a prayer ministry that I'm a part of called Bridge the Gap. Church members make up a team that pray for our church 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In our intercessor update for October/November there is a section on how to pray for your pastor and church staff. There are seven great prayers that really apply to any of us that belong to Jesus.

I have decided to customize them and pray each one of the suggested prayer requests for you, too. Each week will find Scripture that goes along with each request. For this week I’m praying over your solitude and personal prayer lives. I love this first week because it is the theme of my ministry-The Listening Heart.

I pray you and I won't ever allow the pressures of everyday life to replace crucial one-on-one time with God.

Dear Lord,

Please inspire myself and each reader of this blog to give ear and come to you, hear you that their souls may live (from Isaiah 55:3).

Like Jacob did near the ford of the Jabbok, I pray that each one of us will get alone with you to wrestle out our issues and daily challenges (from Genesis 32:24).

That we would listen expectantly, waiting in silence for God’s counsel (from Job 29:21).

That we would be still, and know that you are God; You will be exalted among our churches and the nations, You will be exalted in the earth (from Psalm 46:10).

In the precious and powerful name of Jesus Christ and in fellowship with the Holy Spirit I pray all these things. Amen.

Have some awesome one-on-one time and a blessed week. :) :)

No comments: