Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lost Your Song?

He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:3
Are you as tired as I am of hearing about the doom and gloom of our country? It is enough to make you want to crawl into a cave and hibernate until this season passes. But if we belong to God, we can expect times of refreshing. Times when he gives us a new song to sing. Many will hear it and won't believe that it's possible to live with a song in your heart in these days and times. God's song in your life will cause people to accept his gift of salvation and trust in the LORD.
I desire to pray and thank God for the songs he has given me in the past and ask him for new ones. Only with God is it possible to live in a dark and dreary world triumphantly.
Dear Jesus,
Please place your new song in my mouth and into the mouths of my readers. We are tired of being beat down by constant bad news. Thank you for the many times you have given us songs to sing so far. Spark our passion into a flame for seeing your lost ones saved. Like you promise, use your songs as a witness to others so they may see and fear and put their trust in you. We love you Lord with all we possess. In your precious name we ask all of these things.
Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.
Psalm 40:5

No comments: