Thursday, July 12, 2007

Does someone you know need deliverance?

While reading "Tired of Trying to Measure Up" by Jeff VanVonderen, I ran across a statement on Spiritual Warfare that made me stop and think. I asked myself, "Does someone I know need deliverance?" I bet all of us could answer that question, "Yes."

Jeff wrote, "Sometimes we need those who can aggressively bring the power of God's kingdom to bear on our life and our past, and to get us beyond the blockages that hinder full deliverance . . . I'm not talking about Dear Jesus, please help so-and-so feel better. I'm talking about Father, pour out your Spirit in power upon this person. Do supernatural surgery on the wounds that are here. Minister your love and grace to his heart so he can begin to trust you. And Satan, in Jesus' name and by his authority, be gone! You're trespassing. You have no right to be here. This person belongs to Jesus. He's private property.

Have you thought of someone who could benefit from a prayer like this? I did. I customized this prayer for my loved one and prayed it out loud to my Father in heaven. I know he heard me. Satan did too, if he was around. Just in case he was, I followed the prayer with leaving my xm channel, Spirit, playing loud and clear. A constant flow of praise to my Lord with no commercials. :)

My hope is that you, too, would stand in the gap for someone who needs to experience the full life Jesus promises. Some of these strongholds have been up for years. No matter! Jesus is stronger. He is quite capable of breaking his children free from bondage, as long as we continue to use our weapon of prayer (see 2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

Always Listen, Susan

No comments: