Monday, July 2, 2007

Starting Over, Yet Again

I'm so thankful we have a God of second, third, and fourth and even more chances! He never gives up on us. I keep trying to make a commitment to write in this blog more regularly and then life happens, which lately, for me, has been a whirlwind of change. My husband, Greg, got laid off after 17 and 1/2 years of service to Coca-Cola. He has been off work now for two months. I have been devoting as much time to my husband as I could. Although he feels like I'm never home, I was just doing my regular stuff to take care of business. Then my surgery finally happened on June 29th. I found it hard to concentrate while waiting for that to be over with. And then there is my parents who need more medical care as time goes on, which means more office visits and procedures--sitting in hospital and doctor's waiting rooms, waiting, waiting, and more waiting. I have been frustrated, confused and worried to say the least.

But July is a new month with a new beginning. I have come through the surgery with no problems and hardly any pain. My mind is clearing from the anesthesia and I'm feeling stronger every day. And the day before my surgery we received even more good news. A friend mentioned Greg's name in a passing conversation at the gym to someone who needed someone who does what Greg does--Merchandise Marketing Manager. (Isn't this just how God accomplishes things--by per chance meetings?) Greg interviewed for the job and got it. His new position at Coco-Cola is permanent (not contract), yet temporary and extends his lay-off for six more months. A hint that the job would be longer than six months was implied, but no promises were made. Only time will tell. We have prayed for God to direct our path and he has done so over and over.

While studying Revelation for the summer one of the phrases from the Church in Pergamum keeps rolling around in my mind. As I face all the confusion and an unknown future, the Spirit is speaking the same thing to me that he spoke the churches, "I know where you live . . . yet you are clinging to and holding fast to my name and you did not deny my faith" (Revelation 2:13AMP). Even though I feel like I haven't gotten a thing accomplished, I am clinging to his name with all I have. God knows where I live and what I am trying to do. He will supply my every need according to his glorious riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19) and being confident of this, that he who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:6). This is the truth, no matter what I feel like.

Thank you, Jesus, for being a God of countless chances. Please continue to guide my service to you and provide for my family like you always have and always will. I love you, Lord, with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, forever.

No comments: